A reminder to self. Always take a holistic approach to chart interpretation. For example, Robbie has a Saturn return recently. Saturn conjuncts his MC and is his MC ruler. So, his future goals, public self and profession are in focus. There’s starting and ending involved. Hard work, boundaries and the crystallization of issues relating to his profession. Robbie described events that fit within the earlier description of Saturn return. Read More »
Solar Eclipse in 27°08′ Aquarius
Howard’s 7th ruler conjuncts his Midheaven. There’s a clear connection between his significant one-to-one relationship and his career (or other matters as represented by the 7th and MC). So when his relationship is going well, his career is very likely to go well too. Does it work the other way as well? i.e. when his career goes well, his relationship goes well too. I don’t think so. The midheaven is a sensitive point, it receives energy and doesn’t give out energy. So, it’s a single causation – relationship affects career and not the other way round.
Transiting Saturn is making an opposition to my natal Mercury since some days ago. I am certainly not consciously linking astrology to every single facet of my life. But, I couldn’t help but think I’m feeling the effect of Saturn on various aspects of Mercury now. Read More »
Here’s a quick and dirty 2018 forecast for a fictional person, Saliya. Lots of details have been omitted as this is meant to be a general overview. I have omitted the relevant charts here due to time constraint. But if you are interested in looking at them, send me a private text. Read More »
A general forecast for this year for Mr Hillbilly. We are concentrating on his 2nd house, the Sun and the Moon which rules the 2nd house. We might also look at Uranus and Pluto as they make an aspect to the Sun in 2nd although I think Pluto might have a negative effect on the finances.Read More »
The cusp of Alamak’s 10th house is in Pisces. So, it’s ruled by Jupiter according to traditional astrology. For the folks that uses modern psychology, Pisces is ruled by Neptune. For those who takes the middle path, Pisces is co-ruled by both Jupiter and Neptune. For simplicity, let’s say Alamak’s career is ruled by Jupiter.
Based on my suspicions, Alamak’s professional and personal future are “best” when Jupiter is traversing through Sagittarius, Pisces and Cancer. It’s not doing so well when it’s travelling through Gemini, Virgo and Capricorn.
Career/Future was Supposedly Doing Well
Jupiter in Pisces
- February 1998 to February 1999 – Alamak completed his GCE O Level exams in 1997. He started and dropped out of high school, enrolled in a vocational college, dropped out of it and returned to high school in March/April 1999.
- January 2010 to June 2010, September 2010 to January 2011 – He started a new job in January 2010. He was very valued and appreciated in the new company.
Jupiter in Cancer
- July 2001 to July 2002 – One of the best times in his life. He was assigned to an army in May/June 2001 unit that he doesn’t mind.
- June 2013 to July 2014 – Alamak started an 3 or 4 month contract in June (or July) 2013. He had an offer to extend his contract when the initial contract ended. He wasn’t happy with the offer and declined it. He subsequently received two very attractive offers and accepted one of them. However, he didn’t do well in the new position and was at the risk of being terminated in May 2014.
Jupiter in Sagittarius
- November 2006 to December 2007 – He switched departments in January 2007, was assigned to the worst manager in the department, stood up to her in mid-2007 and was assigned to other managers since then. The former manager badmouthed Alamak and nobody wanted to take him up until January 2008 when another manager had to due to resource constraints. [Note: Alamak’s career certainly wasn’t doing well during this time. A look at transits, progressions and directions may be warranted. Okay, a quick look indicates that transiting Uranus was stationing and conjunct his natal 10th house cusp during this period.]
Career/Future was Supposedly Doing Not Too Well
Jupiter in Gemini
- July 2000 to July 2001 – He took his GCE A level exams and was enlisted in the army in early 2001 which he found incredibly tough.
- June 2012 to June 2013 – Alamak was unhappy in his job and researched other career options. He had a depression and was very vulnerable. He left his employment in October 2012, took a career break and started another in June 2013.
Jupiter in Virgo
- August 2003 to September 2004 – Alamak started college in July 2003. His results were okay, not spectacular.
- August 2015 to September 2016 – Alamak confided to me that he was getting nowhere in his career. He was looked over by his superiors for important projects and landed the insignificant ones. He managed to secure an employment offer with another company but eventually switched department within the period.
Jupiter in Capricorn
- December 2007 to January 2009 – An extremely tough and challenging time in his career where he worked 80 hour work week for six months and 60 hour work week otherwise.
Based on the above, it does appear that there’s a correlation between Alamak’s professional life and the sign of his transiting MC ruler.
I have advised one of my clients, Dominic, to keep a lunar diary so that we can explore recurring themes in each of his lunar months. Read More »
I was looking at my solar return chart for my birthday this year for the nth time. The sun is in the 8th house. Yikes! Sun in 8th doesn’t have a good reputation unless you are used to transformations and the likes of it. Don’t get me wrong. I don’t necessarily think that it’s going to be a challenging year but it would be nice if life is more triny or sextily, in a good sense. Read More »
Mars hits the cusp of my 6th house on 26th December using Placidus house system. On 28th Dec, I woke up at 4am, unable to sleep. After tossing on the bed futilely for about 1.5 hour, I got out of bed and started plodding on astrology. From 29th Dec onwards, I woke up at 7+am everyday. This is a STARK contrast from the past month or so where I have been rather tardy and woke up much later (totally unacceptable!). It didn’t help that Jupiter was transiting in my 5th house as well. So the energies of pleasure intensified. Read More »